Re: passing flags to make check targets

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: passing flags to make check targets
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:40:04 -0600

> My TESTS=  targets can accept flags and data and I would like to pass things
> like files "-f test.dat" to them,
>
> How do I do that?

I am unsure if it is the party line answer, but I've generally written
a script invoking the binary and added that script to TESTS and
dist_check_SCRIPTS.

For example, in
https://github.com/RhysU/suzerain/blob/master/tests/test_diffwave_p3dfft.sh
I want to invoke my test_diffwave_p3dfft binary several times passing
in arguments.  To do so I've written the test_diffwave_p3dfft.sh file
and used the snippet
    # Filed under check_PROGRAMS so binary is built before test is executed
    # There must be a better way to express this dependency, but this works
    TESTS                        += test_diffwave_p3dfft.sh
    dist_check_SCRIPTS           += test_diffwave_p3dfft.sh
    check_PROGRAMS               += test_diffwave_p3dfft
within https://github.com/RhysU/suzerain/blob/master/tests/Makefile.am.

As you can tell from the comment, I suspect there's a better way to
register that test_diffwave_p3dfft.sh needs test_diffwave_p3dfft.sh
built first.

Hope that helps, and please tell me if you find something better,
Rhys