Re: configure speedup proposal: add --assume-c99 and --assume-posix2008

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: configure speedup proposal: add --assume-c99 and --assume-posix2008 flags
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 20:40:40 +0000

I should probably get the configure and build times re-measured for NTP.

Feel free to grab
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.7p444.tar.gz
and see for yourself... it's a bit of a monster for something that's
about 200k LOC.

It would be great to see significant speedup in the configure time, as
we have a growing number of buildbot targets and we plan to do both
scratch builds as well as upgrade (with autoconf cache) builds as part
of our build/test process.

--
Harlan Stenn <address@hidden>