Removing '../' from $abs_top_srcdir when distcheck is run

From: James Gallagher
Subject: Removing '../' from $abs_top_srcdir when distcheck is run
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:52:07 -0700

Hi,

I’m using autoconf 2.69 and automake version 1.14 on OS/X 10.10 and CentOS 6
and 7.

I use the value of @top_abs_srcdir@ in some (template) files that are part of a
testsuite, which works very well except when the distcheck target is run. The
problem is that with distcheck the value of @abs_top_srcdir@/$abs_top_srcdir
contains the substring ‘../‘ and the value of abs_top_srcdir is used as a
parameter where the pattern ‘../‘ is not allowed.

Question: Is there a way I can change the value of abs_top_srcdir, or define
anther value based on processing abs_top_srcdir, so that the ../ stuff is
removed? (I realize that I have to do a bit more work than just remove ‘../‘ to
get a valid pathname.)

Thanks,
--
James Gallagher