Re: Please add an option to fetch missing pieces online

From: Vivien Kraus
Subject: Re: Please add an option to fetch missing pieces online
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 07:31:48 +0100

Hello,

You are building libidn2 from a git checkout.  It is a little more
complicated than running autoreconf, so the maintainer put a script
named "bootstrap".  You should run that one.  It will fetch many things
from the internet.

However, it looks like you want to compile a released version of the
software.  So in fact you do not need to run the autotools at all,
since you can download the full distribution here: https://ftp.gnu.org/
gnu/libidn/