Re: Skip all version checks with autoconf?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Skip all version checks with autoconf?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 00:55:49 -0700

Jeffrey Walton wrote:
For the love of Christ, stop it with these useless version numbers.

I've never been a fan of that version-number checking either, but this is no way to advocate change.

If you want the problem fixed, I suggest that you write a patch to the Autoconf source code that fixes the problem. The patch should fix the documentation too. If you don't have the technical expertise to do all that, you can hire someone who does. In the meantime please bear in mind that this is a volunteer project and we're stretched thin.