automake

Re: [revised patch 1/1] support AC_SUBST'able automake rules

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: [revised patch 1/1] support AC_SUBST'able automake rules
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:30:16 +0100

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 12:05:28AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
: >>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:
: Lars> Anyways, are the people that count looking into this patch?  I'd
: Lars> prefer it if it was applied or rejected as soon as possible
: Lars> instead of waiting in the dark...
:
: What, and break the long automake tradition of getting email about
: your patch 8 months later?

I know it's tradition, but I'm not that keen on keeping traditions for
the sake of tradition :)...

: I assume you don't have automake paperwork filed.  Do you?

I believe everything should be in order (I believe I filled out for
Automake and maybe even Libtool when I did it for Autoconf).  Anyways,
the patch should be reworked to use a &canonicalize() sub as Akim
suggested, and it's probably less than 10 lines that will change.
What I'm really wondering about is whether you accept the semantics
of the patch; allowing AC_SUBSTS in for instance library names...

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'