automake

Re: 52-factored-install.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 52-factored-install.patch
Date: 25 Feb 2001 18:38:52 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == akim  <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> My bad, I forgot to remove `dir' from the _DATA var.

Oops, I missed that too.

Akim> mybindir = $(bindir)/my
Akim> mybin_DATA = doto

User defined variables are handled by name.
I agree that this case is handled correctly with the current cvs.

Directory variables like sbindir which are defined by autoconf
and the GNU standards are handled different.
For instance sbindir is architeture-specific.
So sbin_DATA must be installed by install-exec.

I've updated instdata2.test to check this.

Tom