automake

Re: Antwort: Re: Feature request: meta files & wildcards (once again)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Feature request: meta files & wildcards (once again)
Date: 05 May 2002 23:30:57 -0600

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Hornby <address@hidden> writes:

Alex> Suffix rules should be portable to all makes, its pattern rules
Alex> that aren't available everywhere.

Nowadays we could probably implement pattern rules purely in automake.
Back in the old days we didn't have the machinery to allow this.
Automake itself was too primitive.  But now it would be more possible,
if someone were motivated.  Maybe this would help with the
longstanding CORBA problems?

Tom