automake

Re: Quick question on optional builds with automake

From: Raja R Harinath
Subject: Re: Quick question on optional builds with automake
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:56:10 -0600

Hi Kent,

Kent Mein <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi I'm working on converting blender (www.blender.org)
> To automake/autoconf etc...
>
> I have the first part mostly working (producing 1 binary)
> The next stage I'd like to do is get it to
> build a second binary only when I type make blenderplayer
>
> I'd also like to do a make webplugin (which will create
> a shared library)
>
> Any pointers on how to do this?
>>From reading the docs I was guessing
> bin_PROGRAMS = blender
> extra_PROGRAMS = blenderplayer
> extra_LTLIBRARIES = blenderplugin.la

That is one way to go about it.  However, you'll not be able to
install these programs/plugins using the normal 'make install'.

So, depending on what you want to do, it may make more sense to
change your 'configure.in' and 'Makefile.am' to support

  --enable-blenderplayer
  --enable-webplugin

Then, the standard 'make && make check && make install' will do the
right thing.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ address@hidden