automake

`make install' and $(BUILT_SOURCES)

From: zaufi
Subject: `make install' and $(BUILT_SOURCES)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:33:21 +0300

Hi,

I found a problem running `make install' in my project.
It contain generation of valued file (needed to success compile sources) as
BUILT_SOURCES definition. Targes such as `all' and `check' work fine, except
`install', becouse it is not depended on $(BUILT_SOURCES).

As I can see in generated Makefile there is no way to make $(BUILT_SOURCES) if
`make install' running on "clean" source tree (i.e. typing `make install'
just after ./configure)
So... my suggestion: Why not to change `install' rule like this:

install: $(BUILT_SOURCES)
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) install-recursive

such as `all' and `check' defined... ???