automake

Re: package creation

From: Adam Monsen
Subject: Re: package creation
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:39:04 -0700

Automake will create a 'dist' target for you:
"The `dist' rule in the generated `Makefile.in' can be used to
generate a gzip'd `tar' file and other flavors of archive for
distribution."
This is from 'info automake dist'.

This distributable gzip'd tarball contains files to be installed and
install scripts. Automake also makes a 'make uninstall' that does what
you'd expect.

Here's a place you could start to learn more about this:
http://adammonsen.com/tut/libgladeTest.html
(see  "Other Resources")

--
Adam Monsen <address@hidden>