automake

Hide issued compiler commands

From: Mihai Rusu
Subject: Hide issued compiler commands
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:46:41 +0300

Hi

I have started recently to switch some of the OSS projects I work on to
automake. In one of this projects we used autoconf with our own hand
made Makefile.in. This Makefile.in hided the issued compiler commands
and instead printed something like "Compiling src/common/list.c.." or
"Linking src/prog/prog1..." (kinda like samba is doing I think).

How should I do this with automake based project ?

Thanks!

--
Mihai RUSU                                    Email: address@hidden
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt    WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net