automake

Re: AM_LIBADD

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AM_LIBADD
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:54:56 +0100

>>> "RW" == Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

 > Hello Akim,

Hi Ralk, I missed your answer :)

 > * Akim Demaille wrote on Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 05:56:16PM CET:
 >>
 >> For the records, I could use AM_LIBADD as a default value of
 >> libfoo_la_LIBADD.  Currently it is not recognized.

 > LIBS is not enough?  (If you care about allowing the user to set it,
 > you could add your stuff to @address@hidden)

Never thought about LIBS...

But anyway it is inconsistent:

- it does not obey the FOO/AM_FOO rule of ownership of the macros
  (those from the user, and those from the developer)

- it does not spell like libfoo_la_LIBADD.

And anyway, I guess LIBS applies to programs in addition to libraries,
while LIBADD is meant for libraries only.