automake

Re: Build a lib, then example programs

From: myrdos2
Subject: Re: Build a lib, then example programs
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks everyone! I've now got it working. However, I had to make a few
changes:

AM_CXXFLAGS = -D_REENTRANT -Wall
AM_LDFLAGS = -lz
LDADD = libdconn.a

noinst_PROGRAMS = udpclient
udpclient_LDADD = libdconn.a
udpclient_SOURCES = examples/udpclient.cpp

Somehow, if I put -lz in LDADD, it doesn't get added as a compiler option.

Also, I'll confirm that the nobase_include_HEADERS are all intended to be
installed, this is an OO library, and the user will need header files from
each class.

-Dave