automake

Re: Strictness

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: Strictness
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:03:27 +0100

> Only projects overcome with sloth do not maintain a ChangeLog.

Why do something your self when the computer can do it for you?

That's what we invented these things for, right?

> Version control systems come and go and are often not accessible to
> everyone while the tarball may continue to exist after the authors of
> the program have deceased.

I would hope that developers take care to make sure the repository is
in order and that the new maintainer has access.

> It does not seem wise to encourage sloth
> in open source software.

I would not regard avoiding a manual and completely pointless task sloth.

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman