automake

Re: need help in "deep" project ..

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: need help in "deep" project ..
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:45:43 +0200

Hello Roberto,

I have this older message still lying around, not sure whether it's been
dealt with or not:

* Roberto Alejandro Espí Muñoz wrote on Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 09:51:44PM CEST:

[...]
> src/Makefile.am:
> elementos =    \
>    main.cpp \
>    Base/AlarmManager.cpp  \
>    Base/AlarmsSummary.cpp \
>    Base/Container.cpp  \
[...]
> bin_PROGRAMS = hmi
> hmi_SOURCES =         \
>    $(elementos)
[...]
> When I issue "make" the project starts to compile but the .o files are
> being
> thrown on "src/".  In the other subdirs from src/ there are files with
> identical names to the .o files being generated.  I fear they will be
> overwritten.

No.  One of these things may happen: either automake will complain
about different source files that will compile to the same object
file names, or it will rename object file names (I don't think this
currently happens in this situation, unless you also happen to use
per-target flags, but you should not count on that).  You can use
the Automake option subdir-objects to allow object files in subdirs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf