automake

Re: Automake with Pro*C

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Automake with Pro*C
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:56:22 +0200

Hello Sebastien,

* Sebastien REYNES wrote on Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 05:31:09PM CEST:

> Is it possible to use automake tool with Pro*C ?

FWIW, I don't know Pro*C.  There is no special support for it in
Automake.  That doesn't mean you can't use it, though.  There is
some general information on using generated sources in the manual:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Sources.html>
<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Support-for-Other-Languages.html>

> How can I edit the
> Makefile.am to generate .c sources from .pc sources ?

Likely in the same way you'd write a plain Makefile rule for doing this.

PCCOMPILE = proc ...
.pc.c:
        $(PCCOMPILE) ... -o $@ $<

> bin_PROGRAMS = myprog
> myprog_SOURCES = myprog.c myprog.pc
> my_prog_LDADD=$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/lib/libpgp.a    # library of the
> precompilator pro*C

> Do you know where could I find any example(s) using automake with
> precompilation from Pro*C files ?

No sorry.  You can probably find out in the Pro*C documentation how to
invoke the precompiler.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf