automake

Re: Include files outside srcdir?

From: Joseph Garvin
Subject: Re: Include files outside srcdir?
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:32:20 -0600

I could use .., but that's not robust if I change where the libraries are
stored relative to the .am I want to include. I was planning to do:

include $(SPECIAL_ENVIRONMENT_VAR)/automake/install_targets.am

etc. for the different repeated parts. The environment variable could point
anywhere on the filesystem. For now I've setup each projects bootstrap to
make a symlink'd install_targets.am to that one, but that feels extremely
hackish.

On Nov 3, 2009 3:44 PM, "Ralf Wildenhues" <address@hidden> wrote:

* Peter Johansson wrote on Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 07:31:56PM CET:

> Joseph Garvin wrote: > >I have a number of autotooled libraries. Currently
their Makefile.am's > >...
Can you show a small example that doesn't work?  Thanks.

> > The documentation says > >automake only pays attention to includes that
start with $(srcdir) or...
But these two features don't exclude each other.  You can use
 $(top_srcdir)/../foo/fragment.am

> I'm not sure exactly what you wanna achieve here. But there is an >
autoconf macro > http://www.n...
Hmm, the idea of having such a is not bad, but I don't think it should
need to go via esyscmd.  Maybe Automake should provide something
similar.

Cheers,
Ralf