automake

Re: Installation of third-party SUBDIRS

From: Steffen Dettmer
Subject: Re: Installation of third-party SUBDIRS
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:06:34 +0100

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
> I use a couple of third-party libraries in my software. I use SUBDIRS
> variable in my Makefile.am and AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS in my configure.in. How to
> suppress installation of SUBDIRed projects? I just use they for static
> linkage with my binary and don't need third-party headers and libraries
> installed.

We usually install by scripts and have one or few own modules
(let's say one mypkg but many libraries we won't install) and
simply use `make -C mypkg install'. In some systems we have an
install: # rule invoking something like
        for d in */pkg/inst ; do make -C $d install || exit 77; done
or so.

oki,

Steffen