automake

Re: warning: TEST_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or library has 'TES

From: Thomas Martitz
Subject: Re: warning: TEST_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or library has 'TEST' as canonical name
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 19:18:14 +0100

Am 20.11.2017 um 19:01 schrieb Nick Bowler:
Hi,
If you were to later add a program called TEST, then the results could
be surprising.  But you can certainly ignore the warning if you'd like.

I understand that, however we're extremely unlikely to build programs named in all-upper case.

Alternately you can perhaps use a different name that does not conflict
with the Automake naming structure.  Perhaps LDFLAGS_FOR_TEST?

Thanks,

somehow the idea of simply adding a suffix didn't occur to me, besides being so obvious and simple. I'll go with that.

Best regards