automake

Re: GSOC GNU Automake project

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: GSOC GNU Automake project
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 03:19:57 +0100

Vishal Gupta <address@hidden> writes:

> I have uploaded the draft proposal on the GSoC website.
> Here is the link for the uploaded document.
> (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M740xtKJ6OiWtIX-iYlS8U09FaRfU2SJIQ4tUGjmhbo/edit?usp=sharing)
>
> Please check my draft and suggest improvement.

This is a good first draft.

A few comments/suggestions:

- You can precise what University curriculum you are currently
  following.

- You can precise what are your personnal motivation for participating
  in the GSoC in general and candidating for this specific project.

- I would be interested in knowing if you have previous experiences with
  any Free Software project even if this is minor contributions.

- Regarding the COOL compiler, some pointers would be welcome.

- Regarding the RDBMS project is that a assignment or a preexisiting
  project you got involved in?  It would be interesting if you could
  precise the specific parts you have been working on and what was
  already done.  Is there any pointer to check what the project is
  about?

- Additionally You can tell us about your intuition regarding what kind
  of nodes the AST would probably contain.

Feel free to continue expanding on your plan by precising the functional
and non-functional requirements and telling us how you imagine you would
specifically tackle those.

If you have questions regarding my comments or about more general one
regarding the project itself, don't hesitate.

Thanks for your proposal.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37