Re: [avr-chat] a kind request

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] a kind request
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:09:13 +0100 (MET)

Douglas Dotson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest version of WinAVR and
> discovered that the TWI header has been moved from
> the "avr" diectory to the "compat" directory.
> Anyone know why?

Because it's been on the TODO list for many years.  So many years that
nobody can even remember why the item has once been put there :).  I
seem to remember it's been Ted Roth who suggested it by the time when
we decided that avr/timer.h serves no useful purpose, and should go
away.  Nobody objected, so it went onto the TODO list.  If you dig up
the mailing list archives (all is available online), you should be
able to find it.