RE: [avr-chat] Re: WinAvr 2005... compile problems

From: D. Daniel McGlothin
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Re: WinAvr 2005... compile problems
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:26:38 -0500

 > Specifically, I wasn't aware
> that there was a configuration switch available, or what the previous
> make was set to.

Is this a run-time or a compile-time switch?

> Now, the main question: Is it to be that way from now on?
> Honestly I don't know. Should it be? I have the option to go either way,
> but I'm not completely sure what is the Right Way.

If run-time, why not just briefly note that fact and the delivered setting,
and allow the end-user to choose for themselves.

If compile-time, just make your choice, and inform those like me who work
less hard on the maintenance of these tools as to how to rework the tool to
make it comfortable to our individual taste.  Or possibly (ugg), just
include two make executables.

My opinion offered with my sincere thanks for the tool chain package,
Daniel