RE: [avr-chat] Flow control with Butterfly

From: Ben Mann
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Flow control with Butterfly
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:44:27 +0800

Hi Pertti,

Glad that this solution works for you.

I found I also suffered this exact behaviour with my USB-to-serial adapter,
while the PC's onboard UART didn't suffer it. That is, the USB device would
lose characters from its transmit queue if inter-character spacing wasn't
used.

In the end the behaviour was proven by transmitting from the USB uart to the
motherboard UART via null-modem cable (ie, leaving my embedded application
out of it).  It didn't have the problem in reverse though - the USB bridge
could receive at full speed, it just couldn't transmit.

I suppose is just goes to show that we're not always having to debug our own
embedded applications...

Ben Mann