[avr-chat] pointer width..

From: Hugo González Monteverde
Subject: [avr-chat] pointer width..
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:26:39 -0600

Hi all,

I saw this in the avr-gcc list, someone did:

register uint8_t *ndx asm("r4");

Apparently he is having some kind of problems later on when he tries to autoincrement. My question is:

Isn't a pointer to data RAM 16 bits wide? I mean, it should be able to address 64KB of data..

Can one declare a pointer to an int and store it in a 8 bit register? I'd guess not...

Any help understanding this would be appreciated.

Hugo