Re: [avr-chat] Text Files

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Text Files
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:42:50 +0200

> I have to change a bunch of stuff in a text file (to move it from one
> compiler's assembly directives to another's), and am wondering what people
> on this list would recommend?
>
> perl?
> SED?
> ???
>
> Thanks.
> Keith

If it's a one-off change, I often find that a text-editor's keyboard macros
work well enough.  You don't have the flexibility and power of a programming
language, but it's quick and easy.

Other than that, pick your favourite scripting language - you'd have to be
doing a lot of such manipulation before it makes sense to learn a new syntax
just to get the "best" tool for the job.