Re: Re: [avr-chat] not able to debug code in bootloader section with jat

From: H.-J. Klemt
Subject: Re: Re: [avr-chat] not able to debug code in bootloader section with jatgice
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:05:21 +0200

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

Either make your bootloader a standalone application (with its own
section .text), and program that one independently into the flash
That's the point, if I split it and programm it independently I lose
the fine source-level info. Maybe I must bother with it...

For the JTAG ICE mkI, AVaRICE
comes to mind, for the JTAG ICE mkII, use the new (right now in BETA
stage) AVRDUDE.
I checked up www.bsdhome.com, but isn't it right that this is a programmer only? I love this realtime debugging of my jtagice, ...
don't ask me were I would be without :-)

Yours,
Jürgen.