Re: [avr-chat] fbprg programmer

From: jepler
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] fbprg programmer
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:57:18 -0600

I'm not familiar with "fbprg".

It looks like fbprg assumes that the computer will send the clock signal
on one of the parallel outputs.  I don't know how to make avrdude do
this.  Have you tried jerry-rigging a crystal, or using an AVR with an
internal RC?

Supplying vcc from the parallel port seems like an iffy proposition at
best.  Have you measured that vcc stays high enough while programming?
Have you supplied your own +5V to see if it gets you anywhere?

(Any idea why the board chooses to use resistors on these pins?  I've
seen other "power from parallel" designs that use diodes for that
purpose.)

One web page I saw about fbprg suggests that the schematic is wrong for
programming at least the AT90S8535.  Check the pin assignments on
whatever AVR you're trying to program.

Jeff