[avr-chat] boundschecking & instrumentation

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-chat] boundschecking & instrumentation
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:33:14 -0700

Hola~

1a) Anybody looked into boundschecking & test coverage tools, such as:

and

http://sourceforge.net/projects/covtool

by chance?

1b) Any GCC experts out there know if they would play with the embedded gcc flavors as opposed to just the 'big machine' (linux/win32) flavors of gcc?

2) Anyone ever played with the NuMega, WindRiver or other professional stuff for that matter on embedded compilers of any kind?  I think the level of projects our community is dealing with is ready for this level of verification - in my 'day job' I have to play with professional verification tools for powerpc, and they @!#$%^ in terms of integration and downright quirkiness - makes GCC internals & configuration look clean by comparison, so needless to say I'd prefer something developed by a 'community', but I'm open to any sort of experiences y'all are willing to share...(appologies if anyone out there works for Windriver - I'll substantiate my flame with specifics if you want to talk)

Good evening,
Steve

--

Steve Franks