Re: [avr-chat] Newbie : Avrdude, STK500 and high voltage programming

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Newbie : Avrdude, STK500 and high voltage programming
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:32:45 +0200 (MET DST)

"Darren Inwood" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there anything furthur I need to tell avrdude to do, to ask the
> STK500 to use 12V instead of 5V for the RESET line?

Unfortunately, AVRDUDE currently cannot handle the STK500's
high-voltage programming at all, as it uses a completely different
instruction set on the STK500 comunication than ISP does.  It would be
a really worthwhile addition to AVRDUDE to have, but nobody did the
work so far.  So by now, I'm afraid your only chance to recover is to
use AVR Studio in HV programming mode.