RE: [avr-chat] using interrupts in boot loader

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] using interrupts in boot loader
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:27:05 -0600

Yes, but you have to be careful where the interrupts go.

The Interrupt Vector Table (IVT) can be placed in the application section
(default) or you can change it to be in the Bootloader section. Obviously,
if your IVT is in your Application Section, and you are rewriting the
Application Section in your bootloader, then you might have a problem using
interrupts. If you have your IVT in the bootloader section, then you need to
think about how it's going to get updated with the rest of the application.