[avr-chat] GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: [avr-chat] GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:57:04 +0200

Thank you for the feedback. I had problems to reduce the flood of results from googling to something reasonable, and your pointers are very helpful.

As to the criteria you mention (avoid duplicating what avrdude already does, think about maintenance, take care of integration into the avrdude tree and supported platforms) I agree entirely - but I am far away from thinking "product": I am trying to get an idea on what exists, how much sense a GUI frontend makes for the user (not only for users with trained synapses in their fingers, but also occasional users who suffer from bad memory), and - consequently - whether there is sense in considering to make an effort.

I will now dig into the documents - I will come back to the list if afterwards I have still something reasonable to say ;-)

Juergen