Re: [avr-chat] fixed-point libraries [was: GUI wrapper for avrdude]

From: Julius Luukko
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] fixed-point libraries [was: GUI wrapper for avrdude]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:41:00 +0300

On Tuesday 28 August 2007, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Eric Weddington wrote:
> > Well to take the conversation elsewhere... While browsing through
> > SourceForge, I found this interesting project:
> >
> > <http://sourceforge.net/projects/avrfix/>
>
> Interesting.  I didn't look at the actual implementation, but this
> reminds me that the embedded C addendum also has fixed-point number
> formats as one extension.  (Another extension is the one about
> multiple memory regions.)

A quick look at the library source reveals that this library is based on the
embedded C standard draft [1]. In the beginning of avrfix.c you can find:

 * Fixed Point Library                                          *
 * according to                                                 *
 * ISO/IEC DTR 18037                                            *

I didn't yet look any deeper, though.

[1] http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/projects

--
Julius Luukko