Re: [avr-chat] Slow communication with ATTiny13

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Slow communication with ATTiny13
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:08:50 +1000

Hi Robert,
Depending on what programmer you are using you can possible use the -B flag.
I use the ATTiny13 in a commercial project running on the 128kHz internal clock (which I've found in reality is more lower than this) I had problems with programming speed till I re-organised what pins where connected where in the circuit.. I had a part of my circuit that was effectively applying a low pass filter to MISO or MOSI, I can't recall...

This may be part of your problem.. are you able to look at SCK, MOSI and MISO or a cro during programming?

Regards
Neil Davey

address@hidden wrote:
Hello list,
I am developing a project using an AT Tiny 13 in a fairly
current-reduced application, which requires that I use the internal 128
kHz clock.
When programming (AVRDUDE + STK500 on OpenSUSE10.2), the write cycle is
OK, but verify causes a "avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout"
error and after the code has eventually been read (takes some seconds) a
"avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x00ca         0x64
!= 0x3f" where the location and target hex are seemingly random.
A manual inspection of the programmed code (AVRDUDE in terminal mode,
read flash [which works without timing out]) shows that the chip was
programmed correctly.
This behaviour also occurs with AVRStudio4 but can be resolved by
setting the fosc down to 1kHz. This does not work under AVRDUDE. Could
anyone point me to the place in the source files where I might be able
to tune the timeout??

Many thanks,

Robert von Knobloch

--------------------------------------
Neil Davey
Griffith University

Centre for Wireless Monitoring and Applications
Griffith School of Engineering
Nathan Campus
Phone: 07-3735-7008
Fax: 07-3735-5112