[avr-chat] Re: Slow communication with ATTiny13

From: Robert von Knobloch
Subject: [avr-chat] Re: Slow communication with ATTiny13
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:00:06 +0200

Thanks for your comments Neil,
I am doing this in a pure programmer, there is no hardware to get in the
way and all signals are clean.
I reported one thing wrongly: in fact the AVRStudio (Windows) has
exactly the same problem and cannot be resolved by clock speed changes.
In all cases I have to set the fuses for a 4.8 MHz clock, program the
chip and afterwards set the fuse back to a 128kHz clock. This also
appears to be the case with a USB programmer from Tuxgraphics.
I rather think that the problem may be inherent to the Tiny13.
By the way, my current batch of chips (ATTINY13 20PU DIL-8) runs approx.
25% fast in 128 kHz mode.
Regards,
Robert von Knobloch