Re: [avr-chat] my alltime favorive compiler error.

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] my alltime favorive compiler error.
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:56:17 +0100 (MET)

"Steve Franks" <address@hidden> wrote:

> (.text.fplib+0x24): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL
> against symbol `__subsf3' defined in .text section in

This is probably the oldest report yet still unresolved avr-libc bug:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?14855

Ah no, the second oldest, but it's related to the oldest one (if not
even the same).

Alas, fixing it is not so easy.  It would require to transfer code
from avr-libc to libgcc.S which is in the domain of GCC.

Working around it is very easy though: just add -lm.  Do always add
it: if you don't need it, it doesn't hurt, but if you need it, it will
be right there.