RE: [Fwd: RE: [avr-chat] BOOTLOADER on ATMega644]

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [Fwd: RE: [avr-chat] BOOTLOADER on ATMega644]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:30:08 -0700

That is correct. The compiler does not know about any named variables in the
flash address space. This is because you have to use accessor functions
(bootloader code to write, special macros/functions to read) to get to the
data, and these accessor functions use the physical address, not a named
variable.