[avr-chat] Avrdude refuses to free the AVR RESET line...

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: [avr-chat] Avrdude refuses to free the AVR RESET line...
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 00:52:39 +0100

Hi list,

After over a year of being idle gathering dust, I am trying to resurect
my AVR project.
Obviously the whole AVR toolchain has evolved since the last time that
I touched my project.

I installed the whole toolchain from the repositories of my distro
(Ubuntu 8.10), and it provided me with Avrdude version 5.5

Problem: I use a bit-bang programmer (bsd). I can communicate with my
AVR chip (mega32)  just fine, but my problem is that avrdude fails to
free the RESET line of the AVR, eventhough I specified -E noreset in
the command line. With older versions of avrdude, this option used to
work as expected.

Anyway, just to ask if this is a known problem with this version of
avrdude, and if there is maybe a newer version that fixes this problem,
that I could compile and install by hand, to replace v5.5 that was
supplied by Ubuntu ?

Best regards and a happy new year to everyone...

--
Vince