Re: [avr-chat] AVR C-ABI

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVR C-ABI
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 06:17:23 +0100 (MET)

Daniel Otte <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've to know some more "exotic" things like how variable arguments
> (you k= now the =2E.. thing) are passed how (large) structs are
> returned.

There's no more available than what you have found there.
(Documentation) patches are welcome!

Arguments are normally passed in registers, down to r8.  Excess
arguments that don't fit into that many registers are passed on the
stack.  Variable arguments are always passed on the stack.  structs
are returned by reference, where the caller allocates the space, and
passes the address down to the callee (IIRC this address is passed as
the first argument to the callee).