Re: [Fwd: Re: [avr-chat] AVR and Hardware For Reading Automotive On-Boar

From: Robert L Cochran
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [avr-chat] AVR and Hardware For Reading Automotive On-Board Diagnostics Connector?]
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 06:35:15 -0500

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:08:27 -0500
> Robert L Cochran <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Vince! And Peter, and Dan. Vince, do you have a picture of
>> your circuit?
>>

> Pictures ?
>
> I just took a couple just for you ! ;-)
>
> http://freudhoefer.de/File_Share/Vince/
>
> The left halh of the wooden cabinet is the AVR that simulates the car's
> ECU and sends data to the ECU reader itself, which occupies the right
> half, and is currently displaying Engine data.
>
> If you meant schematic, then sorry, I don't have that !
> However I will soon, because now that hardware is pretty much settled
> (the remaining work on the reader is "just" programming work) I will be
> able at last, to make a nice PCB, probably later this month, so I will
> need to draw the schematics.

Thanks for the photos, they are very much appreciated. I'm so curious to
see your project specifically and get a sense of how you European folks
do electronics projects more generally. I'm surprised the LCD displays
and some labels are in English instead of your native language. If you
changed them to English just for me -- thank you very much for the
courtesy since I don't know much French or German. The scope looks like
a Tektronix clone but I can't quite read the brand or model. The
function generator has English labels - very interesting. I have a
Tektronix 454A which is old but don't understand how to use it. Also a
function generator that is brand new and still in its original shipping
bag. I need a class on how to use an oscilloscope.

I worked with matrix keypads briefly at one time. Ron Hackett had
published an article discussing how to use one for a Picaxe project, and
I followed along and created his project, with the keypad and everything.

Thanks again!

Bob Cochran