Re: [avr-chat] HTTP using ATmega

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] HTTP using ATmega
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:49:10 +0100

Ori Idan wrote:
I have to build a system with management done using a web browser.
The system should be as small as possible.
I thought about using ATmega (haven't decided yet which model) and a serial to TCP/IP chip. Does anyone know of a software package for AVR that implements the HTTP protocol?
Have a look at http://www.ethernut.de : the target has an Atmega128, additional RAM, an Ethernet controller and runs Nut/OS (multi threads, Open Source). Nut/OS supports HTTP, there is a basic web server application provided with it. The schematic of the board is available online, newer releases of the board use an Atmel chip with an AMR7 or ARM9 core.