RE: [avr-chat] Anybody using these AVRs with avr-gcc ?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Anybody using these AVRs with avr-gcc ?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:56:47 -0600

Support for these devices have been committed upstream in binutils and gcc. I
have patches for binutils 2.19 and gcc 4.3.3. Support for these devices has NOT
been added to avr-libc yet, mainly because there are no header files yet for
these devices. It's on my todo list, but it is a low priority, mainly because
these header files have to created by hand (AFAIK, there are no XML device
files for these in AVR Studio which are needed for automatic generation of the
header file).

If you, or anyone, are actively buying these devices and wish to use AVR GCC to
write software for these devices, I can be persuaded to increase the priority
level to get the header files done and support for avr-libc added.

Eric Weddington