Re: [avr-chat] Mac AVR development

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Mac AVR development
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:26:45 -0500

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 01:01:49PM -0700, Matthew MacClary wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Curious question from a non-MacOS but Emacs user: why -nw? ?Is the
> > windowing version not supported? ?(I use emacs -nw when being logged
> > into a remote side through ssh, but would always prefer the graphical
> > front-end otherwise.)
>
> There are two parts to this answer first: I seem to remember that at
> least on older versions of MacOS emacs was included, but the GUI
> didn't run.

I have the XCode development and X11 installed. Emacs is present and
runs in Terminal.app. Perhaps if X11 was running emacs could run GUI.

On MacOS X I prefer BBedit. Also keep a Terminal.app window open from
which to run Make and svn. SVN runs from within BBedit but for some
reason (that I've forgotten) I haven't bothered to teach BBedit about my
svn server.

Using svn from command line invokes vim to edit commit comments.  :-)

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden