Re: [avr-chat] Where is the best place forHI a newbie go to for help wit

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Where is the best place forHI a newbie go to for help with avrdude?
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 06:20:33 +0200 (MET DST)

Nicholas Vradelis <address@hidden> wrote:

>       Could someone point me to a source for low level information
> for some= one starting from scratch?

This mailing list here is a fine place for your AVRDUDE questions.

However, I'd really recommend you studying this document first:

First, your message is completely unreadable (sic!) the way it is
formatted.  (I don't look at the HTML part, I'm only interested in the
plain text part of it.  HTML is for web sites, not for text messages.)
I displays as a large blurb of text, scattered over the screen.

Second, I tried to parse it, but all the relevant information is
missing.  In particular:

.. use the latest software, and use the original one, not some
  3rd-party version from the Arduino project or elsewhere

.. post details of *what* doesn't work, not just "it doesn't work"

.. post *what exactly* you have tried, both originally, as well in
  order to fix your problem

Btw., both the Arduino as well as the ATmega328P device have been
supported since version 5.6, so there is no real excuse for not using
the latest version (5.10).