[avr-chat] How to do JTAG only programming

From: hubert-b
Subject: [avr-chat] How to do JTAG only programming
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:37:43 +0200

Hi avrdude-users,

I'm trying to add support for ATmega406 to the avrdude.conf but apparently,
this MCU does not support the "SPI Serial Instruction Programming Set", so I
don't know what to enter in the "pgm_enable", "chip_erase", "read", "write",
"loadpage", etc. sections.

Can someone assist me on that? I already have the "JTAG Instruction Programming
Set" of the ATmega406, but those instructions are split into a TDI and a TDO
part. I also have the XML-file corresponding to that MCU from AVR Studio 4.

Or am I totally wrong here and there is another way to perform JTAG-only
programming? I should mention: I have a Atmel AVR Dragon as programming device.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Andreas