Re: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an av

From: Caj Larsson
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an avr jtag chain
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:03:53 +0100

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> As Caj Larsson wrote:
>
>> I can't get the exact commandline as we speak but it was something
>> like:
>
>> avrdude -p m16 -U flash:w:test.hex -c jtag2 -X jtagchain 0,1,0,4/1,0,4,0
>
> OK.  (Btw., you can simplify that -U option to just "-U test.hex".)
>
>> one avr had zeros as signature so i needed to add -F
>
> Oops, that's already suspicious enough.  Accidentally erasing/
> reprogramming the signature, as it could happen with an AT90S1200,
> should not be an issue anymore these days.  So if the signature reads
> out as 0, something's fishy.  Don't be tempted to override that with
> -F, but instead try finding the actual reason.
I will try to get a new AVR that still is mint, these AVRs might have been
used for years, no way to know what kind of torture they have endured.

However I don't think the hardwars is faulty as i can do everything with
AVR studio, tho it is a pita to use.

> How long are your JTAG bus lines in total?
>
> Maybe it improves when using e.g. -B10 (to lower the JTAG clock)?
I have experimented with that flag but it seems to do little to none,
really low values give faster write/read but i can't seem to make it
really slow.