[avr-chat] AVRDude Python Wrapper

From: David Sayles
Subject: [avr-chat] AVRDude Python Wrapper
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:29:53 -0400

Hi AVRDudes,
I've come across a python wrapper for AVRDUDE called "pydude" at http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/uracoli-appnotes/pydude/?root=uracoli&sortby=date, and was wondering if anybody has had any experience/success using it.  When I invoke AVRDUDE via the command line on my OSX machine, I never have any issues uploading a .hex file to my ATMEGA1280.  But, when using pydude, I get an annoying "0x00 0x00 0x00 Yikes! Invalid device signature".  I'm using the same avrdude.conf file, port, baudrate, etc.

Does anybody have a solution to my dilemma?  Or am I totally out of luck.

Thanks in Advance,
Dave Sayles

--
NOTICE: This email may contain information that is confidential or attorney-client privileged and may constitute inside information or trade secrets. The contents of this email are intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are directed not to read, disclose, distribute or otherwise use this transmission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission. Delivery of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privileges.