[avr-chat] Question about reading & writing in one command...

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: [avr-chat] Question about reading & writing in one command...
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:31:46 -0400

I'd like to leverage avrdude's ability to do multiple operations with
one command to back up and then replace the flash on my device without
having to go through the initialization twice. However, avrdude
erasing the device before doing *any* operations, instead of just
before the write operation, sort of kills that.

Is there some reason that avrdude doesn't do any requested write
operations before doing the erase for the flash? Or is it just that
nobody has asked for it yet?

    Thanks,
    <mike

PS - I'm not subscribed, so please keep me on the CC line. Thanks.