Re: [avr-chat] AT89Sxxxx support in AVRDUDE

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AT89Sxxxx support in AVRDUDE
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 05:11:39 +0000

Hi Yuriy,

First, the AT89 parts, IIRC, are 8051 microcontrollers. Technically, the
purpose of avrdude is to download/upload firmware onto AVR microcontrollers
only.

Second, you should go to the avrdude project, and post on the developers
mailing list there if you have suggestions on changes to avrdude. You're more
likely to get a response from the developers there.

Eric