Re: [avr-chat] Introduction, and flashing bootloaders with a USBTiny pro

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Introduction, and flashing bootloaders with a USBTiny programmer
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:54:19 +0100 (MET)

Pierce Nichols <address@hidden> wrote:

> For reasons that are unclear to me, avrdude
> insists on writing all of the flash in order to put the bootloader at the
> top of the flash

You can give the SVN version of AVRDUDE a try if you want.  I
introduced memory region tracking some time ago.  Before, AVRDUDE did
not track of which areas had been actually loaded from a file and
which not, and always programmed everything (up to the highest
address).  Some programmer implementations then went ahead, and
skipped empty memory pages.

I intend to release AVRDUDE 6.0 "really soon now". ;-)